Fire damage restoration
A fire is often the most destructive of all accidents or incidents that can befall your property. Damage is frequently widespread, and restoration can be complex. Smoke damage is also often a factor, and the water or other methods used to put out a fire can be highly harmful in themselves.
Walls, ceilings, floors can all be damaged (and let’s not even start on what can happen to your furniture, possessions and other contents). Even before the actual restoration, simply making your home or premises safe can be a major job in itself.
Here’s what we’ll do:
- We thoroughly assess al the damage and work out what, if anything, needs to be done immediately, and what it will take to get everything back to what it was.
- We produce a full report detailing all the necessary work and what it will cost.
- With your authorisation, we can then deal directly with your insurer and meet with the loss adjuster. We can go through what’s required and get their agreement for the necessary work.
- We pump out any water and clear any damaged items or parts of the building fabric.
- We use specialist equipment to dry everything out. Once that’s done, we issue a certificate of dryness – an official document which acts as an insurance-backed guarantee. In the same way, we can also issue official certificates for hygiene and air quality.
- We then carry out all the necessary building work to get your home, place of work or other premises back to first-class condition.
If you’re based in South London, Surrey, East Sussex or West Kent, we can assist you. For further details on any insurance claim or restoration work, please contact us.
What our customers are saying
Demarc were instrumental in making a painstaking process more bearable, managing the negotiations with the insurers to ensure that we obtained a fair deal for refurbishing the flat. The refurbishment works themselves were a very good standard and Jeff and his team were a pleasure to work with.
Great bunch of builders, very friendly, punctual, tidy and completed work to a high standard. Liaised directly with our insurance company and loss adjuster following a burst waterpipe inside our house. Would recommend.
Jeff was fantastic from start to finish. He dealt with all of the awful admin dealing with our insurers and loss adjusters, which was a godsend and saved us a huge amount of time and stress. When it came to the work, Jeff’s communication was great. He was very professional and we were delighted with the quality of the work that he completed. I would not hesitate for a moment to recommend him.
Very professional. Jeff has met surveyors, loss adjustors and headed up meetings to view assess damage then secured acceptance for my claims for subsidence and flood damage…Jeff seems to know everyone in the business and his correspondence getting the next steps moving has been a great success…Do not hesitate to contact Demarc, especially if dealing with insurance claims, as Jeff can sort it with ease.